Connect with us

News

Letter containing poison addressed to Donald Trump at White House

Published

on

A United States law enforcement has reportedly intercepted a letter containing ricin poison that was addressed to US President Donald Trump this week.

According to reports, the letter was discovered at a screening facility for White House mail earlier this week, on Saturday, September 19.

The substance found inside the envelope and was identified as ricin, a poison found naturally in castor beans before it was to be delivered to the White House.

Ricin is a lethal substance that, if swallowed, inhaled or injected, can cause nausea, vomiting, internal bleeding, and ultimately organ failure which will lead to death.

Also, if someone exposed to ricin, death can take place within 36 to 72 hours, depending on the dose received.

According to CNN, investigators said they are looking into the possibility that the ricin package sent to Trump came from Canada.

The chief spokeswoman for Canada’s Minister of Public Safety Bill Blair, Mary-Liz Power, in a statement, said;

“We are aware of the concerning reports of packages containing ricin directed toward US federal government sites. Canadian law enforcement is working closely with their US counterparts. As this is an active investigation we cannot comment further.”

The statement also said that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Secret Service are investigating to find out who sent the package.

“The FBI and our U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Postal Inspection Service partners are investigating a suspicious letter received at a U.S. government mail facility. At this time, there is no known threat to public safety,” the FBI’s Washington field office said in a statement to CNN.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said they are working with the FBI to investigate the “suspicious letter sent to the White House.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

News

Igboho promises a protest if his accounts are not released

Published

on

Self-acclaimed political dissident, Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, otherwise called Sunday Igboho, on Tuesday, blamed the Federal Government for freezing his financial assets, following his assault on the fulani herdsmen in Oyo State.

Igboho, who addressed Vanguard, affirmed that all his financial asset have been frozen by the Federal Government since certain individuals were gathering donations.

Nonetheless, Igboho said he had no hands in the said donations, cautioning that his records should be released to dodge protest by young people across the South-West area.

His words: “They have frozen my bank accounts because I am fighting a just course.

I know Yoruba people are behind me.“I will not relent. I must achieve my aims by putting an end to criminalities in Yorubaland.

“If they refuse to release my accounts, there will be serious protests across the South-West.

“Yes, the Yoruba are living in fear. They are afraid that the killer-herdsmen might attack them.

Continue Reading

News

IGP adamu retires

Published

on

Adamu enrolled in the Police Force on February 2, 1986.

The IGP who will turn 60 on September 17, was appointed IGP in January 2019. He has gone through two years in office.

Three Deputy Inspectors-General of Police (DIGs) and 10 Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs) are additionally due for retirement with him today.

It is accepted that there is a mission to broaden Adamu’s residency.

However, some have contended against such expansion, since it would negate the arrangements of the Police Act 2020 that fixes the retirement of cops at 60 years old or 35 years of administration.

Section 18(8) of the new Act states: “Every police officer shall, on recruitment or appointment, serve in the Nigeria Police Force for 35 years or until the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier.”

The Act provides for a tenure of four years for the Inspector General of Police.

Section 7, subsection 2 of the Act provides that: “The person to be appointed as Inspector General of Police shall be a senior police officer not below the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police with the requisite academic qualification of not less than a first degree or its equivalent, in addition to professional or management experience.”

Continue Reading

News

Ortom tests positive for Covid-19

Published

on

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has tested positive for the feared COVID-19.

The declaration was made on Wednesday by his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase.

Review that a significant number of the governor’s aides which includes his personal physician, aide de camp, orderly, permanent secretaries among others recently tested positive for the virus.

Akase in an articulation made accessible to writers in Makurdi said that “the most recent result of the governor’s COVID-19 test has brought positive back.

This follows the test results of most of the Governor’s close aides who also returned positive in the last few weeks.

“Though the Governor has not shown any symptoms of the disease, he has already commenced treatment as prescribed by medical personnel.

The assertion added that the governor exhorted the individuals who have interacted with him over the most recent few days to go for test.

“The Governor says it is equally important that those who came in contact with other persons who have tested positive for the virus should go for a test to ascertain their COVID-19 status.

Akase said that Governor Ortom encouraged Benue individuals to keep on noticing the safety measures for the avoidance of the infection, for example, wearing of face masks, utilization of sanitisers, ordinary hand washing and physical distancing.

He urges the individuals not to fear going for COVID-19 test as doing so would help in containing the spread of the illness.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: