Connect with us


Graphic: Policeman dies after allegedly being tortured by military men.



A 41-year-old inspector and father-of-3, Hosea Yakubu, has died, after he was allegedly tortured by four military men at Eleme Petrochemical gate, Port Harcourt, River State.

According to the brother of the deceased, Hosea was beaten to a pulp by four military men attached to Petrochemical company, Eleme, on Sunday, August 16, 2020 for driving one-way.
He was rushed to University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), where he, sadly, passed on the following day being Monday, August 17, 2020.
“Inspector Hosea Yakubu, attached to IGP Anti-pipeline, Port Harcourt and two other officers were returning from normal patrol duties, when, due to traffic gridlock along Eleme, they decided to take one way.
Petrochemical company was right on the side of the lane, and there were long trucks coming out from the company at the time.
On approaching the petrochemical gate, they where stopped by someone on mufti, not knowing he is a military personel. He challenged them for taking one way and it led to arguments and the military man on mufti slapped the police driver.

However, when Hosea came down to challenge him, the other soldiers came out to join their colleague and the whole thing escalated into a fight.
One of the soldiers took heavy plank and smashed Hosea on the head. He fell down and couldn’t move. He was subsequently rushed to the nearest hospital, and there after, he was referred to UPTH, where he was admitted at the ICU.
After 24 hours on admission, he gave up. Up till today neither the police nor the military have said anything or taken action to bringing the culprits to book,” he said.
After 24 hours on admission, he gave up. Up till today neither the police nor the military have said anything or taken action to bringing the culprits to book,” he said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply


Igboho promises a protest if his accounts are not released



Self-acclaimed political dissident, Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, otherwise called Sunday Igboho, on Tuesday, blamed the Federal Government for freezing his financial assets, following his assault on the fulani herdsmen in Oyo State.

Igboho, who addressed Vanguard, affirmed that all his financial asset have been frozen by the Federal Government since certain individuals were gathering donations.

Nonetheless, Igboho said he had no hands in the said donations, cautioning that his records should be released to dodge protest by young people across the South-West area.

His words: “They have frozen my bank accounts because I am fighting a just course.

I know Yoruba people are behind me.“I will not relent. I must achieve my aims by putting an end to criminalities in Yorubaland.

“If they refuse to release my accounts, there will be serious protests across the South-West.

“Yes, the Yoruba are living in fear. They are afraid that the killer-herdsmen might attack them.

Continue Reading


IGP adamu retires



Adamu enrolled in the Police Force on February 2, 1986.

The IGP who will turn 60 on September 17, was appointed IGP in January 2019. He has gone through two years in office.

Three Deputy Inspectors-General of Police (DIGs) and 10 Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs) are additionally due for retirement with him today.

It is accepted that there is a mission to broaden Adamu’s residency.

However, some have contended against such expansion, since it would negate the arrangements of the Police Act 2020 that fixes the retirement of cops at 60 years old or 35 years of administration.

Section 18(8) of the new Act states: “Every police officer shall, on recruitment or appointment, serve in the Nigeria Police Force for 35 years or until the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier.”

The Act provides for a tenure of four years for the Inspector General of Police.

Section 7, subsection 2 of the Act provides that: “The person to be appointed as Inspector General of Police shall be a senior police officer not below the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police with the requisite academic qualification of not less than a first degree or its equivalent, in addition to professional or management experience.”

Continue Reading


Ortom tests positive for Covid-19



Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has tested positive for the feared COVID-19.

The declaration was made on Wednesday by his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase.

Review that a significant number of the governor’s aides which includes his personal physician, aide de camp, orderly, permanent secretaries among others recently tested positive for the virus.

Akase in an articulation made accessible to writers in Makurdi said that “the most recent result of the governor’s COVID-19 test has brought positive back.

This follows the test results of most of the Governor’s close aides who also returned positive in the last few weeks.

“Though the Governor has not shown any symptoms of the disease, he has already commenced treatment as prescribed by medical personnel.

The assertion added that the governor exhorted the individuals who have interacted with him over the most recent few days to go for test.

“The Governor says it is equally important that those who came in contact with other persons who have tested positive for the virus should go for a test to ascertain their COVID-19 status.

Akase said that Governor Ortom encouraged Benue individuals to keep on noticing the safety measures for the avoidance of the infection, for example, wearing of face masks, utilization of sanitisers, ordinary hand washing and physical distancing.

He urges the individuals not to fear going for COVID-19 test as doing so would help in containing the spread of the illness.

Continue Reading


%d bloggers like this: