Connect with us

News

Girl, 16, is gang-raped by four men and dumped to slowly die on building site

Published

on

Girl, 16, is gang-raped by four men and dumped to slowly die on building site

A schoolgirl was allegedly gang-raped and killed by four migrants who dumped her on a building site and left her to die.

Desiree Mariottini, 16, from Cisterna di Latina, Italy, was found dead after being drugged and raped in the construction site in the district of San Lorenzo in October 2018.

A witness claims that the 16-year-old girl went to the abandoned site used by homeless people to buy drugs from the four men.

Girl, 16, is gang-raped by four men and dumped to slowly die on building site

Narcisa Leon, an Ecuadorian woman who squatted in the abandoned site, told the court that she found the victim lying motionless on a dirty mattress.

She had seen the schoolgirl with the four defendants earlier in the day.

Girl, 16, is gang-raped by four men and dumped to slowly die on building site

She also said that one of the suspects, Mamadou Gara, confirmed in a conversation with her that they had given the victim a strong tranquiliser and that he had then had “sex with her”.

The case is ongoing.

The four men, Yusif Salia, Mamadou Gara, Brian Minteh, and Chima Alinno, are on trial for the rape and death of the 16-year-old.

Girl, 16, is gang-raped by four men and dumped to slowly die on building site

They are accused of giving the victim a cocktail of drugs before raping her in turn and leaving her to die.

According to Leon, one of the defendants said “better she is dead than us be in prison”.

Other people who were apparently squatting at the site knew that the girl was badly hurt, but did nothing after hearing what the suspected drug dealers had said.

Leon claimed that the suspects wanted the teenage girl to die to escape possible jail time.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

News

FG announces zamfara a restricted air space

Published

on

FG announces Zamfara a restricted air space, orders huge military deployment.

The Nigerian government has forced a restricted air space in Zamfara as a feature of endeavors to handle the security challenges in the state.

As indicated by The Cable, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno uncovered on Tuesday, March 2, that President Muhammadu Buhari has restricted mining exercises in Zamfara to stop the rising instability.

He said the president had requested the service of protection to convey a huge military and insight resources for reestablish routineness in the state. The Nation detailed that they requested the military to recover all regions heavily influenced by desperados, radicals.

Monguno said:

“We can no longer avoid to lose lives while operating within the legalities. We are not going to blackmailed . The government has the responsibility to assert its will.

“Citizens can reside wherever they want to reside . Anybody who is a criminal should be brought to book.”

The security adviser stated that the president also warned against ethnic profiling.Zamfara state has recorded a few assaults by bandits.The new incident included the grabbing of many young ladies from the Government Girls Secondary School in Jangebe, Talatu-Mafara nearby government zone of the state.

Continue Reading

News

Igboho promises a protest if his accounts are not released

Published

on

Self-acclaimed political dissident, Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, otherwise called Sunday Igboho, on Tuesday, blamed the Federal Government for freezing his financial assets, following his assault on the fulani herdsmen in Oyo State.

Igboho, who addressed Vanguard, affirmed that all his financial asset have been frozen by the Federal Government since certain individuals were gathering donations.

Nonetheless, Igboho said he had no hands in the said donations, cautioning that his records should be released to dodge protest by young people across the South-West area.

His words: “They have frozen my bank accounts because I am fighting a just course.

I know Yoruba people are behind me.“I will not relent. I must achieve my aims by putting an end to criminalities in Yorubaland.

“If they refuse to release my accounts, there will be serious protests across the South-West.

“Yes, the Yoruba are living in fear. They are afraid that the killer-herdsmen might attack them.

Continue Reading

News

IGP adamu retires

Published

on

Adamu enrolled in the Police Force on February 2, 1986.

The IGP who will turn 60 on September 17, was appointed IGP in January 2019. He has gone through two years in office.

Three Deputy Inspectors-General of Police (DIGs) and 10 Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs) are additionally due for retirement with him today.

It is accepted that there is a mission to broaden Adamu’s residency.

However, some have contended against such expansion, since it would negate the arrangements of the Police Act 2020 that fixes the retirement of cops at 60 years old or 35 years of administration.

Section 18(8) of the new Act states: “Every police officer shall, on recruitment or appointment, serve in the Nigeria Police Force for 35 years or until the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier.”

The Act provides for a tenure of four years for the Inspector General of Police.

Section 7, subsection 2 of the Act provides that: “The person to be appointed as Inspector General of Police shall be a senior police officer not below the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police with the requisite academic qualification of not less than a first degree or its equivalent, in addition to professional or management experience.”

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: